Noticias

Bergé Auto strengthens its presence in the European market

28 August, 2020

Bergé Auto and Alcopa have concluded the transaction to make Alcomotive a joint venture for car distribution. Bergé Auto will be the majority partner with a 60% share, while Alcopa will hold the remaining 40%. Alcomotive distributes near to 30.000 vehicles per year in 6 European countries and will be jointly owned by Alcopa and by Bergé Auto.

The Alcomotive group, part of family-owned investment firm Alcopa, is an important player in the distribution of cars and motorcycles in Europe. It sells vehicles from Hyundai, Suzuki, Isuzu, Maxus, MG, and SsangYong in geographies, including the Benelux, Germany, Switzerland, and Poland. In 2019, the turnover of Alcomotive reached 800 million euros.

Bergé Auto is an outstanding and robust mobility services and car distribution group, leader in Europe and Latin America. Before signing the transaction, Bergé Auto had a presence in 9 countries (Spain, Portugal, Finland, Switzerland, Poland, Chile, Peru, Argentina and Colombia) selling yearly over 150.000 cars from 28 car brands. With this transaction, Bergé Auto will also be present in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Germany.

The markets and car brands covered by the transaction include:

  • Belgium/Luxembourg– Hyundai, Suzuki, SsangYong, Isuzu, MG & Maxus.
  • The Netherlands – SsangYong, Isuzu & Maxus.
  • Switzerland– SsangYong & Maxus.
  • Poland – Isuzu & Maxus.
  • Germany– SsangYong & Maxus.

The automotive industry is in full transformation. Challenges as digitization and the search for sustainable and more energy efficient mobility solutions require to adapt in an accelerated way to new rules of the game. The creation of this new joint-venture is part of Bergé Auto response to successfully face the significant challenges that the European market poses and satisfy a constantly evolving and environmentally responsible customer.

Jorge Navea, CEO of Bergé Auto, said:

It is with great satisfaction that Bergé Auto has
signed a transaction with a leading business group like Alcopa, a joint venture that will
undoubtedly increase the scope of our business. With the contribution of our extensive
experience in digital transformation and the new mobility ecosystem, we are fully committed
to drive long -term growth for the brands and dealer networks of this partnership.